Philip Shwom, SIOR, CCIM, started with Schacker Real Estate Corp. immediately after graduating Emory University in 1984. In 1998, Phil acquired the majority interest in the company and became CEO. He is widely recognized as one of the leading industrial real estate brokers on Long Island.
In the most significant real estate transaction in modern Long Island history, Phil acted as the exclusive agent representing Heartland Development in its acquisition of a 460 acre property from New York State. this is the future location of Heartland Town Square, the largest planned mixed use smart growth development in downstate New York.
Phil has been named Long Island Commercial Broker of the Year on multiple occasions including 2017. In 2014, Phil was the only Long Island broker to be named by CoStar in its annual “Power Broker Awards” in both the Office and Industrial categories and was also awarded the Industrial Lease of the Year award by Long Island Business News. In 2015 Phil was awarded the “Most Creative Industrial Lease” award by Long Island Business News and was listed in Long Island Business News “Who’s Who” in Real Estate and Development. In 2016, Phil was awarded the Most Ingenious Deal of the Year award by ABLI at the annual Long Island Real Estate Awards Dinner. In 2017, Phil was named Long Island Business News Commercial Broker of the Year, and won both the Project of the Year award for Suffolk County, and the Top Industrial Sale award for Suffolk County.
EducationEmory University – B.A. Economics (honors)
New York University – Completed required graduate course work in earning CCIM designation
- Completed four transactions totaling 250,000 sq. ft. for ABC Supply Co., Inc. – America's largest wholesale distributor of roofing, siding and windows.
- Represented Sheralven Enterprises Ltd., a growing wholesale fragrance distributor as its exclusive tenant representative in the lease of a 200,000 sq. ft. HQ facility in Heartland Business Center.
- Represented Antech Diagnostics the nation's largest veterinary diagnostic laboratory in a 50,000 sq. ft. lease modification and extension for their main laboratory facility at 1111 Marcus Avenue, Lake Success.
- Represented both Contract Pharmacal Corp., a rapidly growing pharmaceutical, OTC drug, and dietary supplement manufacturer, and Bemar Realty Corp. as the listing agent in the sale of a 70,000 sq. ft. building in Hauppauge.
- Represented Wal-Mart in a 90,000 sq. ft. lease of distribution space in Hicksville.
- Represented Dealer Tire & N&G Realty in a 73,000 sq. ft. build to suit lease in Hauppauge.
- Jerry Wolkoff, Heartland Development – 631-242-6300
- Steve Pomerantz Regent Baby Products Corp. – 718-465-6857
- Bob Fitsimmons Food Authority – 516-394-2912
- Steve Koss, Sheralven Enterprises, Ltd. – 631-667-6500 ext. 224
- Mark T. Singer, ABC Supply Co., Inc. - 631-585-9100
- As the Director of Real Estate responsible for American Builders and Contractors Supply Co. Inc.'s portfolio of 750 distribution centers located in 49 states, we deal with Industrial Brokers throughout the Country. We have completed 11 transactions with Schacker Realty in 4 states totaling over 400,000 sq. ft. and there are very few firms that have represented ABC Supply as capably, loyally, and provided a level of service comparable to Schacker. Phil Shwom is on a very short list of the best industrial brokers in the country. His knowledge, responsiveness, integrity, and overall skills are superior.
Mark T. Singer
Director of Real Estate|ABC Supply Co., Inc
- Phil Shwom has been instrumental in facilitating the acquisition of an ideal 150,000 square foot corporate headquarters for our organization. We have grown steadily over the past 20 years from a garage start-up operation to a 150 person organization. We have expanded and relocated several times and in the process dealt with many of the major LI commercial realtors. We have found no realtor that looks out for our interests as if they were his own like Phil does, and as a result, we now work exclusively with Phil. He has built a long term sustainable business with knowledge, hard work, integrity, and intelligence. I would highly recommend Phil and would welcome your phone call.
Steven Koss | President
Sheralven Enterprises Ltd.
- Phil and Gary-I can't thank you enough for the role you played in bringing the lease to fruition. You acted as if it were your own property, and were hands on through the extremely long and difficult negotiations. You gave meaningful input and advise where it was needed.
Especially significant is the fact that I am a small landlord (owning only one industrial property) and you treated us as if we were a client with a large portfolio, as we negotiated with one of Long Island's largest companies. A real David and Goliath story--yet you tilted the scale to allow us to complete a lease with the 800 lb. gorilla. Truly a pleasure working with you.
Karin Realty, LLC.
- Phil Shwom is, by far, one of the best brokers out there. He not only knows the market place and the players, but is also extremely bright and knows what issues to raise and, as important, when and how to raise them. He is a great and intelligent advocate for his clients.
Matthew Lamstein, Esq.
Co-Chairman Real Estate practice group
Lazer, Aptheker, Rosella, & Yedid P.C.
- I have known and done business with Phil Shwom for close to 20 years....he and his firm represent the best in the industry...good at listening to client needs and responding with appropriate options...hard working..diligent...caring...and,to me,above all...Phil does business with integrity,honesty and truthfulness...
Long island Laminates
- Dear Phil,
Nick and I want to thank you for all of your hard work on the 73,000 sq. ft. build to suit Dealer Tire lease, and to reinforce how exceptional you have been to work with. We found the value you brought to this deal and the broker/owner relationship to be unprecedented. Your clarity, creativity, and sense of fairness added to the entire process. It has been our pleasure and good fortune to work with you.
Thank you again,
N & G Realty Co.
- Phil Shwom and Schacker Realty have been handling our Long Island real estate requirements for the past 10+ years. Phil is not a transaction driven broker, but rather, a relationship focused advisor that has become a trusted member of our real estate team. He has extensive experience and has been a resource and advisor to our organization on a wide range of real estate related matters pertaining to our facilities in Texas, Missouri, and well as Long Island.
Michael Bertuch, CEO
ViaTech Publishing Solutions
- Huntington 54,620 sq. ft.Investment-Office Condo For Sale 85% occupied Office/medical space for sale with +_9.7% cap rate Owner can provide short or long term market financing to qualified purchaser 5 Minutes from LIRR, Huntington Hospital & Huntington Village Food service and Pharmacy on premisesHicksville 12,310 sq. ft.Industrial Space For Sublease Offices, Outer Facade, and Bathrooms recently renovated +/- 7 year lease term available Side lot included with spaceWestbury 6,000 sq. ft.Industrial Space For Lease Industrial B zoned building with featuring extra A/C for production area and extra parking for trucks.